Allied Business Schools strives to encourage a spirit of honesty and integrity. This policy was created to foster a climate that promotes the most stringent academic standards. Violations of this policy will be dealt with using fair and consistent methods. Committing one or more of the following actions is considered unacceptable and constitutes a violation of this policy:
- Intentionally using or attempting to use unauthorized materials in any academic exercise;
- Intentionally aiding or attempting to aid another student to commit any act of academic dishonesty;
- Bribing or attempting to bribe, or making threats against any individual, with the intention of affecting a grade or an evaluation of academic performance;
- Falsifying any documents;
- Accessing the institution’s computer systems or files without proper authorization; and/or
- Allied Business Schools prohibits students from sharing their iBoard username and password combination for the purpose of, or which leads to, academic dishonesty.
Account Recovery Services
By providing Allied Business Schools, Inc. (Allied) with any telephone number either in an oral or written method at any time, or from any telephone number and/or e-mail address, you authorize Allied, its agents, and/or contractors to use, any or all information, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, for the purpose of contacting you regarding this and any prior or subsequent accounts. This authorization is also expressly conveyed to any contractor, agent, third-party, individual, or others authorized by this facility or its providers to assist with the resolution or collection of any indebtedness to any party for any reason. This may include contact via automated dialing and messaging equipment, text messages, leaving of messages on answering machine/voice mail or similar devices or methods, and includes leaving messages with individuals. This also includes authorization for contact by e-mail, which may not be sent from a non-secure server (please note: many companies have a policy that e-mails can be read by other personnel; while efforts are made to protect confidentiality, we do not recommend using an employer-provided e-mail address). These authorizations shall remain in effect until individually withdrawn by you in writing to Allied Business Schools, Inc. and/or any others to which authorization has been extended.
All instruction at Allied Business Schools is conducted in English. Students must be at least 18 years of age.
Allied Business Schools conducts open enrollment (students may enroll at any time).
Since Allied Business Schools’ courses are conducted in English, the policy is to enroll students who are able to read, write, and speak the English language. Any student who successfully completes the enrollment process will be deemed to have the required proficiency in the English language.
At this time, Allied Business Schools, Inc. does not enroll anyone who does not meet the admission requirements. Therefore, there is no “ability to benefit” policy.
Arbitration Agreement and Waiver of Jury Trial
(Does not apply to Nevada students enrolled in Allied Business Schools, Inc.’s real estate licensing courses)
- Any dispute you may bring against Allied Business Schools, Inc. or any of its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, or employees, without limitation, or which the institution may bring against you, no matter how characterized, pleaded or styled, shall be resolved by binding arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Consumer Rules”), and decided by a single Arbitrator. The arbitration hearing will be conducted in California.
- The Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) shall govern the interpretation, scope, and enforcement of this Agreement. Any and all disputes concerning the interpretation, scope, and enforcement of this Agreement shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction, and not by the Arbitrator.
- Both Allied Business Schools, Inc. and you explicitly waive any right to a jury trial. You understand that the decision of the Arbitrator will be binding, and not merely advisory. The award of the Arbitrator may be entered as a judgment in any Court having jurisdiction.
- This Agreement does not affect either party’s right to seek relief in small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of the small claims court’s jurisdiction.
- The costs of the arbitration filing fee, Arbitrator’s compensation, and facilities fees that exceed the applicable court filing fee will be paid by Allied Business Schools, Inc.
- You agree that any dispute or claim you may bring shall be brought solely in your individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, representative proceeding, mass action, consolidated or joint action.
- Any remedy available from a court under the law shall be available in the arbitration.
- You may, but need not, be represented by an attorney at arbitration.
- Except as specifically required by the laws of the State of California, the fact of and all aspects of this arbitration and the underlying dispute shall remain strictly confidential by the parties, their representatives, and the AAA. You agree that any actual or threatened violation of this provision would result in irreparable harm, and will be subject to being immediately enjoined.
- You understand the information about the AAA arbitration process and the AAA Consumer Rules can be obtained at www.adr.org or 1-800-778-7879. You shall disclose this document to the AAA if you file an arbitration.
- If any part of this Agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, it shall be severable and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
Allied Business Schools presents self-paced, independent study courses to its students. As such, Allied Business Schools does not take attendance unless specifically required by a course (please refer to the course syllabus for details).
Certificate of Completion
In order to earn a certificate of completion, students must complete all assignments and examinations as prescribed by the course instructions.
Code of Conduct
At Allied Business Schools, students agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct during the time of their enrollment. Not abiding to one or more of the items below may be grounds for reprimand or even dismissal.
- Students agree that they will do their own work. While it is acceptable to study with another student, all coursework must reflect a student’s own effort and understanding. In addition, students are not to provide responses to another Allied Business Schools student in a manner that would cause him or her to be in violation of the Academic Integrity Policy (see above).
- Students agree that they will safeguard their personal information. Students will not knowingly reveal their username and password to anyone other than a member of Allied Business Schools’ Student Services or Instructional Support department. In addition, students will take care in ensuring that their username and password are not readily accessible to anyone else.
- Students accept responsibility for their actions and their education. They must be respectful when communicating with Allied Business Schools’ employees and contractors, as they would in a traditional classroom. Uses of profanity, obscenities, or threats are cause for dismissal.
- Students agree that they will not knowingly distribute computer viruses of any kind. They will never intend to use malware to inflict harm and loss to Allied Business Schools or to other students. Students will not attempt to “hack” into any Allied Business Schools’ systems or those of other students at any time. In addition, students must take care in ensuring that their computer has the latest version of virus protection installed.
- Students will attend to all of their scholastic responsibilities with a positive attitude. They are enrolled at Allied Business Schools to learn and to improve their lives. In order to achieve their goals, it is necessary to maintain a positive and optimistic attitude throughout their enrollment.
From time to time, differences in interpretation of school policies will arise among students, staff, and/or the administration. When such differences arise, usually a miscommunication or misunderstanding is a major contributing factor. For this reason, we urge both students and staff to communicate any problems that arise directly to the individual(s) involved. If the problem cannot be resolved in this manner, contact:
Terri Hock, Director of Student Affairs
Allied Business Schools, Inc.
22952 Alcalde Dr.
Laguna Hills, CA 92653-1311
Additionally, students or members of the public may file a complaint about this institution with their specific agency. A comprehensive list of state contact information can be found at:
Compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act
Allied Business Schools is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and state and local requirements regarding students with disabilities. Allied Business Schools does not discriminate against students with disabilities in admission, student programs, activities, and services. Reasonable accommodations are provided for qualified students with disabilities in an effort to enhance the learning process and enable individuals to reach their maximum potential.
After a student makes a request for accommodations or services, that request will be considered using the following criteria:
- The need should be documented and individual in nature.
- The need should not compromise the essential requirements of a course.
- The need should not impose a financial or administrative burden upon Allied Business Schools beyond that which is deemed reasonable and customary.
- The need should be within the scope of the organization’s control.
- The student should be able, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of course requirements. The essential requirements of an academic course need not be modified to accommodate an individual with a disability.
Allied Business Schools will provide reasonable accommodations or services to qualified students with disabilities. The decision regarding the most appropriate accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis by the designated Allied Business Schools personnel. Allied Business Schools will take all information into consideration, including medical or professional documentation, when determining whether and what type of an accommodation will be made. The student will be consulted as part of the decision process.
Students must complete within 12 months from the date of enrollment, unless otherwise indicated.
It is the responsibility of the Instructional Support department to evaluate each student’s work and to assign a grade which is a fair and valid measure of the student’s achievement in the course. In the event of a dispute over an assigned grade, the student will document in writing the reasons for the grade dispute. The student must provide a copy of his or her perception of the dispute, the specific assignment or exam being disputed, the title of the course, and the student’s full name (as enrolled) to the Student Affairs Manager where it will be noted in the student record.
The individual who graded the assignment and the Student Affairs Manager will meet to attempt a resolution of the disputed grade within seven (7) business days of the receipt of the dispute in writing from the student. The result of the resolution will be communicated back to the student.
If the matter is still unresolved, the student may pursue the matter further by contacting:
Terri Hock, Director of Student Affairs
Allied Business Schools, Inc.
22952 Alcalde Dr.
Laguna Hills, CA 92653-1311
The Director of Student Affairs will make a final decision on the matter. Once this decision is rendered, it will be considered final. No further negotiations will be allowed.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Students, employees, applicants for employment, and/or subcontractors of Allied Business Schools, Inc. are considered without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, medical condition, marital status, political beliefs/affiliations, ethnic background, sex or sexual orientation, or, within the limits imposed by law, age or citizenship.
Allied Business Schools, Inc.’s affirmative action is designed to insure against discrimination in employment upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship or any other change or proposed change in employment condition.
If students are unable to complete a course by the course end date, students may request a one-time six-month extension for a $25 fee.* The original course end date will be extended by six months regardless of when an extension was requested or granted. Students must make the extension request prior to the original course end date at https://www.alliedschools.com/support.
*Online Instructor-Led Mortgage Licensing Courses and California Real Estate License Renewal courses are ineligible for extensions.
Allied Business Schools does not offer tuition assistance.
Allied Business Schools is not eligible to participate in the Title IV Federal Student Aid program; therefore, students cannot receive federal student financial aid to pay for tuition.
If you are eligible for a loan guaranteed by the federal or state government, and you default on the loan, both of the following may occur:
- The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against you, including applying any income tax refund to which you are entitled to reduce the balance owed on the loan.
- You may not be eligible for any other federal financial aid at another institution or other government assistance until the loan is repaid.
Assignments will be graded in the order they were received. Please allow up to 72 business hours for assignments to be graded and for the grade to be posted to the student’s record.
Allied Business Schools, Inc. observes the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
This agreement is a legally binding instrument when signed by you and accepted by Allied Business Schools, Inc. You understand that this is a legally binding contract. Your signature below certifies that you have read, understood, and agreed to your rights and responsibilities and that the institution’s cancellation and refund policies have been clearly explained to you.
Non-Sufficient Funds Policy
Checks or automated clearing house (ACH) payments that are returned for non-sufficient funds will be assessed a $10 return fee.
Notice Concerning Transferability of Credits Earned at Allied Business Schools
Allied Business Schools’ courses are measured in clock hours (as opposed to credit hours), and as such, Allied Business Schools’ courses do not typically transfer to other institutions of higher learning.
The transferability of credits students earn at Allied Business Schools is at the complete discretion of an institution to which students may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the certificate students earn in their course is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which students may seek to transfer. If the certificate that students earn at Allied Business Schools is not accepted at the institution to which students seek to transfer, students may be required to repeat some or all of their coursework at that institution. For this reason, students should make certain that their attendance at Allied Business Schools will meet their educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which students may seek to transfer after attending Allied Business Schools to determine if the certificate will transfer. Allied Business Schools has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any college or university.
Records Retention Policy
Allied Business Schools keeps student demographic data and transcripts permanently in an electronic format.
Students may cancel an enrollment and request a full refund for any reason up to 7 days from the date of enrollment.* The refund/cancellation request must be made before midnight on the 7th day. Completed courses are not eligible for a refund. Go to https://www.alliedschools.com/support to request a cancellation and refund.
*Online Instructor-Led Mortgage Licensing course refunds are prorated based on assignments completed.
For students in Nevada (Nevada Refund Policy NRS 394.449)
- Within the first five (5) business days after enrollment if students wish to cancel and have not submitted any course assignments, students have the right to receive a full refund of all charges. In this case, students are asked to refuse all shipments from Allied Business Schools (Allied).
- If a student wishes to cancel and has not submitted any course assignments beyond five days, students have the right to receive a full refund of all charges, less 10% of the tuition and any shipping charges; total not to exceed $100. In this case, students are asked to refuse all shipments from Allied Business Schools.
- If students have completed at least one (1) assignment in any enrolled course but no more than 60% of the assignments in the course and they wish to withdraw, students are entitled to receive a prorated refund. Refundable Tuition is the remaining amount after the deduction of (1) shipping and (2) a non-refundable 10% portion of the course cost (total not to exceed $100).
- If students have completed more than 60% of the course and wish to withdraw, they are not entitled to a refund for the course.
- Any course refunds will be paid within 15 days from the date that Allied Business Schools receives the request to cancel.
Student Identity Verification Process
During the enrollment process, all students are provided with a username and password, which allows them to log into the iBoard system to complete assignments, quizzes, and final exams. Each username and password combination is unique to every individual student, and Allied Business Schools’ Academic Integrity policy prohibits students from sharing this information. Student identity is verified by confirming the student’s first and last names, address, and telephone number prior to releasing any information.
Per the Student Records & Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), schools must have written permission from an eligible student prior to releasing any information from his or her education record. However, FERPA allows Allied Business Schools to disclose those records, without consent, to the following parties or under the following conditions (34 CRF§ 99.31):
- School officials with legitimate educational interest;
- Other schools to which a student is transferring;
- Specified officials for audit or evaluation purposes;
- Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
- Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school;
- Accrediting organizations;
- To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
- Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies; and
- State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific state law.
During the pursuit of your real estate education, you will need to provide different information to Allied. This may include your name and address, credit card number, password information, or testimonial. We include the following policy information on our website, so that you can readily view how we use the data we collect from you.
Please note that any information that is collected is used for the purpose of providing you with a quality education. Every attempt is made to protect your privacy.
About Our Advertisers
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
This data is collected when you provide it to us, such as when you register on one of our sites or enroll in one of our real estate, broker or appraisal license, renewal or upgrade courses. All information is used for the purpose in which it is intended. No information is made available to any third party without your knowledge or consent.
Users should exercise caution and restraint when posting personal information in a public-forum setting. Any information that is disclosed on message boards becomes public information.
When purchasing services and products from Allied Business Schools, you may be asked to provide certain information related to the purchase. The information requested may include credit card number, expiration date, billing address, and authorization code. By providing this information you certify that you are the authorized user of the card and that you permit Allied Business Schools to provide necessary information to third parties for the purpose of completing the transaction. You agree to pay all charges, including applicable taxes. All refunds are subject to the refund policy listed at the time of enrollment. Allied Business Schools reserves the right to modify and discontinue services and its discretion. Additionally, there may be limits and conditions imposed on promotions. Allied Business Schools does not permit the resell of any products or services unless prior written consent has been granted.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, the industry standard for secure online commerce transactions, is used to encrypt all of your personal information so that it cannot be read as the data travels over the Internet. You can also protect yourself against unauthorized access to your computer by signing off when you are finished using a shared computer.
Allied was granted permission to publish all testimonials that appear in any print or electronic media. The quotes are voluntarily sent in by real people who have purchased and completed one or more of our distance education courses. The testimonials are solely the opinion of the individual. The original text is not altered or edited in any way.
Web Site Links
This web site contains links to other sites on its pages. Allied is not responsible for the privacy practices, security measures or content information of web sites other than those related to Allied Schools.
Users who no longer wish to receive promotional emails may unsubscribe by clicking the opt-out link at the bottom of the email. Users may also contact Allied’s Student Affairs Department by phone at 888-925-4282, by email at email@example.com, or in writing to 22952 Alcalde Drive, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, to be unsubscribed from all promotional communication.
Allied Business Schools reserves the right to send out service-related announcements to its students. Users may not opt-out of these emails as they contain important information regarding enrollment and are not promotional in nature. This type of communication will cease upon course completion or enrollment termination.
Waiver of Liability in the Usage of Allied Business Schools, Inc.’s Learning Management System
Using Allied Business Schools, Inc.’s (Allied) Learning Management System (LMS) web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of this user agreement and waiver of liability.
All content of the LMS is the property of Allied or its information providers. Unauthorized use or reproduction is illegal and will result in prosecution.
Allied is not responsible for the accuracy of any information that may be posted on the LMS by other individuals, companies, or organizations, and the user absolves Allied from any liability for damages alleged or caused by such information provided by other individuals, companies, or organizations. Allied does not warrant in any way that: the LMS will be available and meet the user’s requirements; that access will be uninterrupted; that there will be no delays, failures, errors, omissions, or loss of transmitted information; that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted, or that no damage may occur to your computer system by using the LMS.
In no event shall Allied be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with this agreement. By accessing the LMS, you indemnify and hold harmless Allied and its affiliates from all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, arising out of or incident to, use of this web site and/or the information contained herein. Allied shall be held harmless for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions, which may be contained in the material provided in this web site. Should the user take unsuccessful legal action against Allied, the user shall reimburse Allied for the cost of its defense.