Get Your California Real Estate License
Learn how to succeed with your real estate training
You may have questions before, after, and even during your enrollment in one of Allied’s California real estate license courses. Please refer to the questions below to get the information you need about your career training. If you have any additional questions that are not addressed in this section, please complete a request for information form and an Admissions Representative will contact you.
California Real Estate License FAQs
Can I enroll right now?
Yes, we have open enrollment. This means that you can enroll in one of our real estate license courses at any time. We have quality, up-to-date distance education courses available to suit any of your real estate needs. Start your real estate career today!
How do I get my California real estate license?
Simply follow three steps to get your California real estate license:
Step 1: Select the Allied FAST TRACK licensing program that fits your needs.
The FAST TRACK programs teach you everything you need to know to pass the state exam while satisfying all of the state requirements.
Step 2: Take the state real estate license exam.
Once you complete your required coursework and feel comfortable with the subject matter, you’re ready to take the state exam. Please note: You must complete all of the California real estate courses before you can apply for a real estate license.
Step 3: Fill out an application for a state real estate license.
Once you pass the California real estate license exam, you will get a license application, which must be submitted to and approved by the California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE).
To be eligible to apply for the real estate salesperson license in California, you must meet the California state requirements. Find out how to get a California real estate license.
Do Allied’s courses meet all of the state requirements?
Yes, Allied meets the educational requirements for all of its California real estate courses as set forth by the California Bureau of Real Estate (CalBRE). The textbooks are based on the most relevant, up-to-date information.
Do I already qualify to be a Real Estate Broker?
If you meet any of the following criteria, you may be able to skip the salesperson’s state license exam and go directly to the broker’s state license exam:
- You have a four-year college degree with a major or minor in real estate.
- You have two (2) full years of experience within the last five (5) year period as an escrow officer, title officer, loan officer, or loan underwriter in a capacity directly related to the financing or conveying of real property, or experience as a real property appraiser.
Please call (800) 617-3513 for additional details.
How can I learn a little about the course before I sign up?
There are two ways to learn more about the California real estate license course before you enroll.
- Please navigate our website and learn more about Allied Real Estate Schools. This includes information about our credentials, available programs, benefits of an online education, state exam and license requirements, and more.
- Please call one of our admissions representatives. They are available to answer any questions regarding the course content, state license requirements, procedures, and more. You will get a live person to help you any time Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (PST) when you call (800) 617-3513.
How do I decide which California Fast Track Program best suits my needs?
Here is a breakdown of Allied’s real estate packages:
- California Real Estate License Fast Track Program is ideal if you already have a working knowledge of the real estate industry. The real estate program is designed to build or refresh your understanding of real estate concepts and help prepare you for the state exam with online practice questions.
- California Real Estate License Fast Track Premium Package is ideal if you are new, or have very little experience, in the real estate industry. The real estate courses give you a solid real estate foundation. The extensive exam preparation materials reinforce your knowledge through hands-on review, including the exclusive Exam Cram DVD. Benefit from Allied’s 110% Money Back Guarantee too! If you don’t pass your exam on the first try, you will receive a full refund plus 10% (restrictions apply – call to learn more)
- California Real Estate License Fast Track Premium Plus Package is ideal if you are new, or have very little experience, in the real estate industry and want to include career-enhancing designations and hardcopy textbooks. It includes everything in the Fast Track Premium Package, plus more!
If you have any questions about the available programs, please contact an admissions representative at (800) 617-3513. Our staff members have extensive training and are knowledgeable in the real estate field!
Would a classroom-type course be better for me?
Distance education is a win-win situation. Not only do you get a quality education, but you can complete the course in a flexible, convenient and fast manner. You have some of the benefits of a traditional classroom, relevant course material and ongoing student support – with the added benefits of learning from home.
Below is a list of just some of the differences:
|Drive to class and sit in a classroom||vs. Learn from the comfort of your home|
|Learn limited amount of material in class||vs. Get in-depth training from home|
|Take your final exam at school||vs. Take your final exam online from your home or office|
|Balance work/family issues||vs. Choose to learn when it’s convenient|
Allied’s distance education options let you choose where, when and how to learn.
Where do I take the final exams?
With the online courses, you take your final exams 100% online, from the convenience of home. Please note: You must be enrolled for a minimum of number of days (CalBRE requirement) before you can take the tests.
In order to get credit for each course, you must pass the open-book, 100-item multiple-choice exam with a score of 70% or higher.
How long will it take me to fulfill the education requirements to get my real estate license?
The average time for a student to complete all of the requirements in one of the California real estate programs can vary. CalBRE mandates students taking these courses online must spend a minimum of 18 days per course, beginning from the day of enrollment, before each final exam will unlock. To learn more about how long you can expect your training to take, please call (800) 617-3513 to learn more.
Talk with an Allied Representative today.
CalBRE Pre-License Sponsor ID #S0017; CalBRE Continuing Education Sponsor ID #2758