California 20-Hour SAFE Comprehensive PackagePrice: $288.00
If you need to meet your California 20-hour pre-license MLO requirement, this is the course for you.
This Course satisfies the pre-licensure education requirements to become a mortgage loan originator in California.
This 20-hour course includes:
- 3 hours of federal laws and regulations – includes the TILA-RESPA Rule
- 3 hours of ethics - includes instruction on fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues
- 2 hours of training related to lending standards for the non-traditional mortgage product marketplace
- 2 hours of CA-DBO specific agency regulations
The remaining 10 hours cover loan products and programs, underwriting, and settlement procedures.
Why Allied’s Online MLO Course?
- Receive an NMLS approved, 100% online, instructor-led education
- Satisfy SAFE pre-licensure education requirements
- Benefit from an education with regular attendance and participation
- Finish your course in 14 days
What You Will Receive:
- 100% Online Materials
- 6 Required Sections – Includes overview, objectives, 1 - 5 units of content and assignments with section class discussion (sections 2, 3, 5 and 6), multiple-choice section exam and section activity (sections 2 - 4 , 6)
- Online Final Exam (covers 1 - 6) – 25 multiple-choice questions; non-proctored; 50-minute time limit
- Personalized Student Support
- Course Syllabus
Note: Students will not be able to access the final exam until all of the following conditions have been met: (1) it is Day 13; (2) they have accumulated 880 minutes of study time; and, (3) all of their assignments have been submitted.
What You Will Learn:
- Recall the purpose of the SAFE Act and indicate the agencies with regulatory authority over the mortgage industry.
- Recall fair lending laws and specify the consumer protections they each provide.
- Identify and differentiate among various loan products and loan programs.
- Identify the characteristics of predatory lending and mortgage fraud.
- Indicate the steps in the mortgage lending process from application through funding and closing.
- Differentiate among the types of mortgage loan originator licenses in California and recall the requirements for CRMLA licenses.
- Recall the purpose of the CFLL and identify the types and requirements for CFLL licenses.
Five course sessions start each Wednesday and are limited to 15 students per session. Content and assignments will be released per the schedule in the above Course Syllabus (see PDF for details).
Attendance is measured by the completion of academic events on specified days. Students are required to complete an academic event each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the class. If a student does not complete and academic event on each of these days, he or she will be administratively withdrawn from the course. An academic event is defined as a graded item that is a component of the overall course grade. Examples include a written assignment, a discussion board posting, or an exam. Students must be active/complete one assignment on the first day.
During the online course, Allied requires the student to regularly communicate with the course instructor and classmates through online means within the learning platform. Instructors will respond and grade assignments within 24 hours of the due date.
Minimum 14 days – Maximum 14 days, no extensions
The NMLS requires that students spend a minimum of 20 classroom hours* in this course. As such, students will not be permitted to access the Final Exam until they have logged 16.33 real hours (980 minutes) in the course and have successfully passed all required assignments. If the student completes the coursework before the 980-minute mark, he or she may log the appropriate time by reviewing the 12 units of content. Students will be logged out of the course after 6 minutes of inactivity.
*A classroom hour is defined as 50 seat minutes for each clock hour the course is approved
How You Will Benefit:
- Be One Step Closer to SAFE Compliance. All California MLOs have to complete at least 20 hours of SAFE mortgage education.
- Keep Your Career Moving Forward. Continue to focus on leads and conducting business without disruption to your career.
- Meet All of Your Education Requirements at One School. Allied also has exam prep to help you prepare for the National Test Component with Uniform State Content.
It is individual state law that determines when a state-licensed MLO is required to pass the SAFE Mortgage Test, complete pre-licensure or continuing education training, and when state-licensed MLOs are required to complete their background checks.
State-licensed MLOs should refer to the NMLS State Licensing Requirements page regarding schedules for completing each of the professional requirements.
Allied will pay the $30 credit banking fee to the NMLS upon course completion!
Enroll now or talk with an Allied Representative today.
NMLS Provider ID# 1400321