There has been a major shift in the way buyers and sellers look for a real estate agent and the number one source they turn to is the Internet. If you are a real estate agent, you know that you need to create ways to attract clientele other than via traditional marketing methods. Take the time now to invest in your online presence — it’s crucial for your future success.
Here are five ways to attract real estate clients online:
1. Build a Website: The first thing you need to do is build a website that you can use to showcase your featured homes and keep folks informed about everything you have to offer. These days, you can find a web designer for fairly cheap and a simple website should not cost you an arm and a leg. It is a good idea to reserve your personal name as your domain name if it is available. In other words, if your name is John Smith, you should try and reserve the domain johnsmith.com or johnsmithhomes.com — this is a great way to get people to remember your name.
2. Advertise on Social Media: Post listings on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or wherever your target audience has a presence. You can upload photos of the home and even provide a link to your website.
You can also pay to advertise your services to a specific audience by sponsoring posts on Facebook and Instagram. You can specify exactly what city you are in and target localized traffic, first-time home buyers, sellers, etc.
3. Use SEO Tactics: Once your website is complete, you will want to make sure that prospective clients will find you when they search a certain term on Google or other search engines. If you are a real estate agent in Denver, Colorado — you want to show up in the search results if someone searches “Denver real estate agent.” The best thing that you can do is to fill your website with keywords that you want to target in the text body. It may take a while, but eventually your website will begin to show up in the searches.
4. Use Google Adwords: If you don’t want to wait for your website to show up in the searches, you can sign up as an advertiser on Google’s Adwords program. You can literally choose the keywords that you want to advertise for and you will immediately show up in the advertising section during searches. There is a small cost involved each time that someone clicks on your ad through these searches, but if you pay $1 for a click and that click winds up being a buyer that purchases a $500,000 home — the payoff is enormous!
5. Create an Email List: As you get inquiries from clients, add their email to your list of contacts and send out a monthly update on your listings. A word of warning though, most people do not want to receive daily or even weekly email from a real estate agent; a once a month email is unobtrusive and typically won’t offend the recipients. Always offer an option for those who have finished their purchase or sale to opt out of your email list if they no longer wish to be contacted. Email is a great way to keep buyers and sellers informed as prices changes and interest rates fluctuate.