Texas Real Estate License Requirements
Get Texas Real Estate License Requirements information you need to get Texas real esate license
You might have questions about the Texas real estate license requirements for taking the Texas real estate license exam and becoming a practicing salesperson. We have made it easy for you! You will find information from the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) in one convenient place. If you still have further questions, please feel free to contact an Admissions Representative at (800) 617-3513.
How to Get Your Texas Real Estate License?
What are the state requirements?
To be eligible to apply for the real estate salesperson license, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a legal resident of Texas.
- Be a U.S. citizen (or lawfully admitted alien).
How do I apply for my Texas real estate license?
The license requirements have changed (as of September 1, 2012). How does this affect me?
• You will still be able to start today with 180 Hours or 270 Hours of education, no-interest pay plans and low monthly payments.
• A new course, TX Promulgated Contract Forms, has been added to the pre-license requirements. Now available from Allied!
Before you can apply for your license, you need to successfully complete the following steps:
Finish the appropriate real estate courses – You have to satisfy 180 hours of core real estate courses. This includes Principles of Real Estate (60 hours), Law of Agency (30 hours), Law of Contracts (30 hours), Promulgated Contract Forms (30 hours) and Real Estate Finance (30 hours).
- File your application – File and Pay for the Application for Inactive Salesperson License. Evidence of your education credit transcript or certificate should be submitted with your application. Do not send originals; keep the originals and send photocopies of your transcripts or certificate.
- Get fingerprints – Any person applying for or renewing a salesperson license must provide their fingerprints, according to the Real Estate License Act. Obtain a FAST Fingerprint Pass from TREC and schedule an appointment online with Morpho Trust.
- Register for the real estate exam – Once your application has been processed and accepted, you will receive notification that you may obtain a copy of the Candidate Information Brochure (CIB) to register for the exam. The CIB will provide instructions on how to make reservations to take the exam.
- Take the real estate license exam – You have one year from the date the application is filed with the commission office.
- Obtain a sponsor – Before you can practice as a licensed salesperson, you must arrange for a Texas real estate broker to sponsor you. The broker must hold an active license. You must file the appropriate paperwork to begin your sponsorship.
Allied will help you satisfy the Texas state requirements. We have everything you need to prepare for and pass the state license exam.
Once the above steps are completed, you will be ready to start your new career as a real estate salesperson! Get started today with Allied Schools. Call (800) 617-3513.